A Run Illuminated

Today I am grateful for my physical capabilities, for air to breathe, and food to eat. 

My husband Darcy and I are just two weeks out from our next marathon, so yesterday's long run of 15 miles or so was a "shorter" long run. From here, we will taper and rest our legs. The excitement and anticipation build for me with each day we get closer. It's partly about traveling to new places to run, but it is also largely about the run itself. Marathoning is in our blood and our hearts.

We look forward to new scenery for marathon #13, but we enjoy nature's beauty on our runs in and near our community too.

I paused to take this picture on our run yesterday. The long human shadows visible are those of Darcy and I. 


As the sun illuminated the trail ahead of us, running illuminates my life in so many ways. It is one of the greatest blessings and joys in my life. It has brought me out of dark times and dark moments over and over again. It has brought me out of the shadows and into the light. One step at a time. One mile at a time. 

Comments