A Nod to 2300

Today, as I pause in gratefulness, I say thank you for my sense of hearing and the songs loaded with sentiment and feelings that are helping me start my day with emotional awareness. I say thank you to the songwriters, musicians, and technology that made the songs possible.

A deep sense of gratitude for this blog fills me this morning as well. A tradition of noting the milestone was started when I reached my first 100 posts. I have reached 23 century marks as of today, publishing post #2300 when this one is done.

Today is a low-key milestone. Nothing catchy. Nothing notable number-wise. Just a nod to a writing milestone, and then continuing what got me here...living gratefully and writing gratefully a post at a time, a day at a time

"Only the disciplined are free" is a quote attributed to Aristotle, the Greek philosopher who lived over 2300 years ago. (Okay, so there is something notable number-wise.)  Writing "Habitual Gratitude" posts for well over seven years now has certainly made me a more disciplined writer. And a better writer too.

Best of all, it has made me a more contented writer. Writing has the priority it deserves in my life and in my day. Discipline is vital.  Recovery discipline. Exercise discipline. Writing discipline. Discipline is not drudgery, it leads me to joy in all three of these areas.

Sure, some days any of these disciplines can seem a bit tedious, but that never lasts. The healthy emotions, the joy, the significant gratitude, the awestruck feeling of being fully alive always return. Even when fully alive can feel painful, it is worthy of the written word.

A nod to 2300. A nod to my life's priorities. A loving nod to my sister Danita who provided the prompting I needed in March of 2012 to get "Habitual Gratitude" flowing.

A simple nod to the simplicity of living gratefully and writing about it. Onward!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on #2300! I am so grateful that I discovered your wonderful blog several months ago and have incorporated enjoying reading your posts as part of my daily gratefulness practice. I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment