Taken

Today I am grateful for the beautiful waning crescent moon this morning and for the simple pleasure of putting puzzle pieces together to create a picture.

"T" is for Taken. The many taken by alcohol and addiction. People with names like Steve, Sean, Bob, Cathy, Amy, Al, Terry, Bailey, Chris . . . People with family and friends left shattered and futures cut short.  Some I have known personally. Others I did not, but I know what took them.

I could have been taken out many times. I could have taken out someone else with my dangerous choices and risky behavior. My slow suicide could have reached completion.

"But for the grace of God, there go I."  Given a chance at recovery, I get the gift of today. I strive to not take either for granted, to walk the walk that buffers me from the throes of addiction.

That's it. A short post in remembrance of those taken. Long on reminders to do recovery work.

Comments