Something Marvelous

Today I am grateful for time to sit outside to begin my day, and for the coming daylight as I compose this post.

I am posting for the second time today, something I rarely do. I am a creature of habit, but it feels good to step beyond the usual. Just like it felt good to step outside for the first time this morning when I took our dog Oliver for a walk earlier.

We are now in the midst of my favorite season of the year. I love fall. I always have. The refreshing feel of cooler and drier air. The comfort of warm layers, and hats and gloves when needed. The smell of fallen leaves, and the sound they make as they rustle in the breeze. The colors that dot the landscape only at this time of the year.

A walk with my sisters and a run with my husband yesterday were chances to be out in the day, in the fresh air. I crave the outdoors daily, and I honor that craving. It's a healthy one and I plan to keep feeding it.

I appreciate experiencing nature through my five senses, all in good working order. I agree with Aristotle on this:

"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."  

And we need not go far to find something marvelous. Just step outside and notice. Give attention and the marvelous will show itself. This colorful blend was just a few steps out into our yard:


Something marvelous awaits us each day in the natural world. Amazing grace abounds in creation.
My day is off to a good start because I got a good dose of fresh air and nature's marvels. 


Comments