2000 MM

Today I am grateful for recovery wisdom and laughter shared by others, and for this blog; what it teaches me and how it helps me grow.

This blog and the writing I do here is about expressing gratitude and about living gratefully in each day. From the first foot on the ground getting out of bed in the morning, to being able to see road signs and markings as I drive. From having ears that hear the laughter of loved ones, to the range of emotions I am blessed to feel.

Another milestone has been reached for this blogger. When I hit the "publish" button in a few minutes, it will be post #2000. I am amazed and humbled by this. One post at a time. One day at a time. I like the visual of 2000 below. Like an odometer racks up a mile at a time, a blogger adds a post at a time.


Some posts have flowed freely, others were a struggle. Some have surprised me in their intensity. Others were more mundane. They have all mattered on this journey of living gratefully. There is no limit on the growth and grace that come with daily effort. Sharing with others and having faithful readers has served to motivate me in new ways.

The number 2000, expressed as a Roman numeral is MM. Here are some thoughts that come to mind with that:

MM magnifying magnificence (a sunrise or a deep conversation with someone)
MM moment by moment (a reminder to slow down and pay attention)
MM minor and monumental (from dental floss to daily recovery from alcoholism)
MM moving meditation (one of my favorite ways to live gratefully, on a run or walk)

This quote sums it up. Living gratefully brings me fully alive and energizes me.

"When we are fully alert in spirit, mind, and body, we are more than we imagine 
and can accomplish more than we suppose." 
(Barbara Holmes)

Onward! Thank you to all who read these posts and encourage me to keep plugging along this path of gratefulness and writing. 

I will be taking a blog break for a few days, traveling with a school group. Have a good day! 

Comments

Post a Comment