Persevere with Gentle Discipline

Today I am grateful for time to sit outside and for the comfort of warm clothing and hot coffee. 

I am especially thinking of my sister Mary Jo this morning. She has a scan today and will learn soon what the cancer in her body has been doing, or hopefully not doing. Thinking of you, sending prayers and positive energy Mary Jo. Fear and worry grip me at times. I can only imagine how they hold you in a vise.

It has been a very busy week so far at work and home, early mornings and long days. Lots of good things, but exhausting.  I am treating myself to some slower, more reflective time this morning. It was fitting when this showed up as today's "Word for the Day" at gratefulness.org:

"When we persevere with the help of a gentle discipline, 
we slowly come to hear the still, small voice and to feel the delicate breeze, 
and so to come to know the presence of Love."
(Henri Nouwen)

Busy weeks and facing fears are each about perseverance. The gentle discipline of slowing down to receive the gratefulness in the present moment revitalizes me. Pausing to feel what I am feeling helps the still, small voice come through.  It tells me I am enough, I have enough. It tells me I am not alone, that Love is here. 

It is a quiet morning. Quiet writing time has brought me some peace and sets me up for a good day.

What is your gentle discipline?  Follow it and have a good day. Pause to allow the still, small voice to be heard, to guide. 



Comments