Putting into Practice

Today I am grateful for the financial resources our family has and the various forms of insurance we are able to carry. I am also grateful for a visit with my friend and retired co-worker Julie.

This quote from Peace Pilgrim at gratefulness.org gave me a reminder that we already have what we need, we simply can let it shine through:

"It isn't more light we need, it's putting into practice what light we already have.
When we do that, wonderful things will happen within 
our lives and within our world."

Peace Pilgrim walked, she kept it simple. She walked over 25,000 miles in a 28-year period. She carried only a comb and toothbrush, and she walked a peace pilgrimage, touching and inspiring many others. Read more about her life at https://www.peacepilgrim.org

Walking and sharing was her light. She let her light shine, opening the door for others to let theirs shine as well. She didn't block her own light, and she tried to not be an obstacle to others.

How often am I an obstacle to my own self, to others? How often do I block light and make it hard for myself and others to see clearly?  We all do this some, but putting into practice a living gratefully approach to life allows me to block less and shine more.

I appreciate the miles Peace Pilgrim walked, for peace, enlightenment, and to share the human journey with others. I typically walk several miles throughout the course of my day, and add more miles when I get a run in. Those miles bring me peace.

When I move, I move through what may be stressing me in that moment. I find solutions, accomplish tasks. When I move, I am reminded of the gift of mobility, the changing scenery, whether indoors or outdoors. When I move, I feel alive. When I feel alive, my light burns brighter.

Live gratefully. Put it into regular practice. See what is illuminated. 

Comments