The Bunny Thing To Do

Today I am grateful for the continuing pleasant weather and time to enjoy being out in it. I am also grateful for the taste and texture of grapes.

A week ago today, some family members and I were putting on hundreds of miles for our return trip home after a visit to Colorado. One of the moments collected on that visit involved a few minutes with a young rabbit.

The little bunny was at the sculpture park, enjoying a meal of greenery near one of the sculptures. The park is set up with plenty of green and natural space, so the bunny had plenty of options. I watched the little one munch away for five minutes or so. The bunny did his/her thing, nonplussed by me or others who made their way past.

I was tempted to take a picture, but reminded myself to just be. In. The. Moment. Like the bunny. Doing what comes naturally. Breathe. Take in my surroundings. Feel nature.

The young rabbit eventually scampered away into the taller grass, and I rejoined my family.

I am visualizing that bunny in my mind's eye this morning, as I scamper off into another busy week.
I am reminded to take breaks. Appreciate my surroundings and who/what else is there. Nourish myself.

The bunny thing to do. The kind and gentle human thing to do. Have a good day!

Comments