Amore

Today I am grateful for rest and mobility.

I am very grateful that my sister Mary Jo received good news yesterday. The chemo is having an impact on her cancer and she will continue with two more treatments, one of which she had yesterday. Then they will take another scan and see where things are at. Such is the approach with metastatic breast cancer. Incremental hope and progress. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Mary Jo and Clay as you move through these next difficult days post-chemo.

On our recent trip, I came across the word "amore" in two places. One was the sculpture below at Benson Sculpture Park, aptly named "Amore" with the frog creating a heart with its "hands". The other was home decor at our Airbnb.



Amore is Italian for love. Love is all you need. Love is all there is. I definitely felt the love and support of family as we gathered last weekend. I am blessed to feel it each day from my own family and friends, from a loving Great Spirit, and even myself on a more regular basis.

I loved that in Mary Jo and Clay's yard I could also enjoy cherry tomatoes right off the vine, a freshly picked tomatillo, and a sweet Colorado peach straight from the tree.

I love that there were hugs and "I love yous" and unspoken words conveyed too. I love that the support and care between us is genuine and true. I love that the blessing of the hours ahead await us.

Amore. Love is all we need. Love is all that matters.


Comments