Loaded

Today I am grateful for my brother-in-law Bob and the driving he did on our recent travels. It is nice to be the passenger. Thanks Bob! And for the time I got to spend with my older brother Morry, something we haven't had enough of over the years. Thanks Morry!

And thanks to my sister Ruth, always a reliable and pleasant travel companion. Thanks Ruth!

I also appreciate the rainbow I enjoyed for several minutes on my drive yesterday morning, and for the reminder that I am part of a much larger world, an amazing universe.

My sister Mary Jo had a scan yesterday and has a doctor appointment tomorrow where she will hear the results. Talk about loaded with emotions. Anxious must be one of many. I know it is for me, and I am just one of her support people. Waiting is so hard. The time is loaded with the weight of wondering, the burden of upcoming decisions.

I took this picture Sunday evening, with Mary Jo and Morry nearby. Mary Jo was sitting down near the garage where we had gathered to share time together and some of her husband Clay's amazing pulled pork. We were ready to say our goodbyes and walk back to our lodgings. Mary Jo pointed out this treetop in the neighbor's yard, how loaded this high branch was with pine cones.


Life is loaded. With questions, challenges, imbalances, pain, fears. 

And it is also loaded with abundance, love, understanding, kindness. It is loaded with appreciation and gratitude. I have plenty of both as I reflect on the family time together we shared over the weekend. Seven siblings, three brothers-in-law, our nephew, our two nieces, and extended family/friends. The laughter, the conversations, the food, the card games and trivia, the memories shared and made. The poignant and emotional moments, seen and unseen, but deeply felt. 

Those pine cones may be out of reach, but our love and concern for one another is right here, right now. Thinking of you Mary Jo, Clay, and family as you wait. Sending many good thoughts and much positive energy. Support and love to bolster you, whatever the news may be.

Look for the gratitude loaded in this day, as small as a pine cone, as wide as the sky. 



Comments