It’s the Season for Physicals

Today I am grateful for the comfort in signs the Universe sends in its mysterious ways. I am also grateful for my friend Sheila and our phone conversations.

Summer is the season for physicals around our house. Working in schools and having more time in the summer, Sam and I have typically gotten ours in the summer. And now Oliver is thrown in there as well. Sam's was just this Wednesday, yesterday was Oliver's, and mine is in a few weeks. So far so good, no surprises.

Some suggestions and things to keep an eye on, but shouldn't we be doing that anyway, vigilant to changes in our own health, or that of our children and pets?

Sam's is called a well-child check. Oliver's is called a senior wellness exam. Such nice names. I was looking at a chart on the wall at the vet's office and based on Oliver's weight and age he is 60 in dog years and considered a senior. Three years from now he will enter the geriatric category.

He's a little less hyper than he used to be, and that is okay when sitting in the vet's office with other animals in the area and lots to be curious about.  Here he is chilling out waiting our turn yesterday:


I appreciate our health care providers and their close proximity to our house, insurance, the good bill of health our two boys got this week. I appreciate today. 

Comments