Graham Crackers on Hand

Today I am grateful for my hair and the way the gray blends in. I am also grateful for the simple things in life.

Sending birthday greetings today to my sister Aileen! Happy Birthday!

Sometimes it is refreshing to just write about a simple topic. Take graham crackers for instance. I wrote about them in this post earlier this year. My boys and I are still on a roll, we pretty much always have some on hand. Our grandson Leo has taken a liking to them as well. Milk and crackers for a quick and less caloric dessert works for me when needed.

They also remind me of my mom. She has a temperamental stomach these days and always has a stash of graham crackers in one of her drawers in her room at the nursing home. When I sit down to have some crackers and milk, I often think of Mom and wonder how she is doing in this moment.

Acknowledging and appreciating the simple gifts in life. From graham crackers to morning coffee to pens and paper to write with. It can bring a needed break from the more complicated things in life that pull on our care and concern and compound fear and worry. Things like cancer, dementia, grief, and addiction.

I will be taking a blog break until early next week. Have a good weekend and take time to enjoy the simple things in life.

Comments