Beauty Sought, Beauty Found

Today I am grateful for the power of writing and the strength of muscles after training them.

I ended yesterday's post with these words: "Perhaps each of us can only hope for this; some beauty in today. Cancer or no cancer, today is all any of us get. Live it fully, whatever that may mean to you."

Looking for beauty since I wrote those words, I found it in:

-cooler and drier air delivered on a gentle breeze
-my son's warm smile as I shared a memory from ten years ago
-a work-related phone call that went just the way the parties on each end hoped it would
-the fun of windows down and radio cranked, driving down the road
-a good morning kiss shared with my husband, even after thousands have preceded this one
-a phone conversation and connecting with my sister Mary Jo
-the sunshine playing across the grass in our yard

Beauty is found when searched for with open heart and mind, and with the appreciation of all five of my working senses.

Let's see what beauty we can each find today, looking in the less obvious places too.

Comments