Unceasing Eloquence

Today I am grateful for the smell of fresh, chilly fall air. I am also grateful for peanut butter.

As I considered this brief quote:

"Silence is unceasing eloquence." 
Ramana Maharshi

I got these random thoughts:

*A friend and I were recently talking about the challenges of marriage and how if 
we could just learn to keep our mouths shut more often it would be helpful. 

*I am guessing both of our husbands would agree.

*The silence of nature speaks for itself. 

*Some things are definitely better left unsaid.

*We will tend to learn more from our own silence than our own speaking.

*That is especially true if we are really listening to others or to the silence.

*Typically, apologies aren't needed for something I didn't say.

*Seeking silence in my own mind is crucial for me. The "peddling b.s." 
I wrote about yesterday is more ugly than eloquent.

*Writing can be silent but still say a ton.

And then my random thoughts ran out and I headed into my day. Have a good one! 


Comments

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Great quote and those are insightful random thoughts you had and shared. Silence is so under-rated. Perhaps we could all benefit from lots more of it. Our world is very noisy, in more ways than one. Like I've said before, sometimes silence isn't silent at all. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Sometimes silence says far more than words ever could. And there is a peace that can only come through silence. Thanks Nancy!

      Delete

Post a Comment