More Connections

Today I am grateful for oatmeal and a good night's sleep.

I was going to title today's post "Connections," but with well over 1700 posts on this blog, I wanted to make sure I hadn't already used that title. I appreciate how easy it is to search for that possibility, and it did indeed yield a previous post from December 11, 2015. Read it here.  It is a fitting one about a visit to Colorado following the death of my brother-in-law Roger.

In that post I also wrote about a quick connection with a random fellow human. They happen daily and we get more from them if we pay attention to the interaction.

After yesterday's post about interconnectedness, I was more in tune to some of the ways I was connecting with others and my surrounding world in the hours that followed.

Here are some of the ways:

-the stars in the sky and my place on earth, and how we are all part of a wider universe
-my feet touching the ground, floor, trail, tile, etc. with each footfall
-how dark and sleep are connected like light and awake are
-a quick text message with others and a genuine connection is made
-a phone conversation with my sister hundreds of miles away
-the tires of my car and the roadway I was driving on
-smile to smile, smiles can be a connection both outward and inward
-the touch of my hand on our dog Oliver's warm fur

I appreciate these connections and the many more each day brings.

Thank you for connecting with my writing by reading it here. Have a good day!

Comments