More Reasons to Seek Balance

Today I am grateful for the song "Amazing Grace" and the several beautiful versions I can choose to listen to. I am also grateful for the way my fingers feel on keyboard keys as I compose words.

This article from CURE Today, a publication I mentioned in a post last week, was worth the read. There is so much information out there about links to cancer, what may cause it, what can prevent it, possible cures. If you are seeking to substantiate or refute one of these many claims, you can probably find some evidence for your case.

This article looks at some common myths about cancer, yet leaves us hanging a little. How much of a factor, if at all, is sugar in contributing to cancer's growth? Do cell phones cause brain cancer? Good questions with no clear answers yet.

But if you are looking for some convincing research findings, there is plenty to back up this statement: obesity and inactivity are clearly linked to various kinds of cancer. Too much sugar can increase obesity. Too much time on our phones probably means more inactivity. So if you need a reason to eat less sugar and spend less time in proximity to your phone, here you go.

It comes back to seeking balance in our days, in our lives. More of the healthy choices, fewer of the unhealthy ones. And always drink plenty of water. I tell myself it helps flush out toxins from my body.

Then there is my gratitude practice, my goal to live gratefully. It is quite effective at flushing out toxic thoughts and emotions.

Comments