Marathon Week!

Today I am grateful for the truth spoken by my husband. I am also grateful for my sense of hearing and the music I am enjoying at this moment.

We have arrived at our marathon week for this year. This Sunday, October 1, Darcy and I will head to the starting line with thousands of other runners for the Twin Cities Marathon.

Each year, I get an excitement and anticipation as the marathon nears, and the last few days especially so. If I didn't get excited, I would have to consider why I am doing another 26.2 mile challenging trek. That hasn't happened yet.

We have had a good training season and the weather was especially cooperative on most of our long training runs. That is very helpful. Really tough 20-milers aren't as motivational as less tough ones. We ran two organized half marathons and were pleased with both.

We have done what we can to prepare our legs and the rest of our bodies for the physical aspects. Experience helps us prepare mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

I head into this week feeling fully grateful for the opportunity that awaits. I head into today feeling just as grateful for the opportunities this day holds.  Have a good day!

Comments

  1. OK, I'm on the sidelines cheering you on! Good for you to do all the training to be able to compete in your upcoming race. That is a lot of commitment and now you get to strut your stuff. Is this your last race for the year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There usually isn't much strutting involved, but we feel so blessed to be able to keep running and challenging our own limits. We do one marathon a year, but we'll keep running into the fall and winter. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment