Early Fall

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy, our marriage, and the time and effort we both give to keeping it healthy and happy.  I have also been really grateful for the comfort of air conditioning in recent days. 

We have had unseasonably hot and humid conditions this last week, so I totally missed the fact that fall had officially arrived. I love the changing seasons overall, and appreciate that my life spent living in the upper Midwest has always come with a variety of weather. 

There is something to look forward to for each season and something I am ready to say goodbye to for the current season.

Fall would have to be my favorite. Cool, crisp air after heat and humidity. The variety of colors. Smells and sounds that herald the end of the growing season. 

This picture was taken yesterday morning, a quick stop on our run. It is one of my favorite places to watch the changing seasons unfold. Near the Mississippi River and accessible only by trail, the fall colors are already evident. 



Let me not forget the gratitude in having eyes to see this, a nose to smell it, and legs that help carry me as I run past.

What is your favorite season?  Whatever it is, relish nature's variety and beauty. 

Comments