A Picture Only Goes So Far

Today I am grateful for my working senses and what they allow me to enjoy. I am also grateful for clean air to breathe.

Yesterday afternoon as I walked Oliver, we neared the trees in this picture below and I relished the delightful smell of trees in bloom. Nature can't be beat when it comes to stuff like this.


Last year I had a similar picture and a post titled "Nerves in Bloom" here. It was from May 24 instead of May 4. I am grateful for our earlier and more typical spring this year after a couple of atypical ones.

Yesterday I also appreciated some time with our grandson Leo. His little baby smell, his expressions, noises, and movements.

Trees in bloom and a little baby can both be captured on camera. But a picture only goes so far. I am grateful I got to be in the physical presence of both the trees and the baby yesterday to fully appreciate them.

I will focus on appreciating what I get to physically be present for today.

Comments