Simple, But Not Easy

Today I am grateful for the reserves of gratitude I can draw on when my daily supply runs a little low. I am also grateful for the father my husband Darcy is to all three of his children.

Gratitude practice really is simple, but that doesn't mean it is always easy. Today is one of those days where it feels harder to find the gratitude. I am thinking of loved ones facing difficult circumstances. I am thinking of the deadly and destructive disease of addiction. I am thinking of cancer patients in active treatment. I am thinking of senseless tragedies like the ferry disaster in South Korea. I am thinking of people searching for answers to difficult questions.

I am thinking that life isn't always fair and it doesn't always make sense. I am also feeling a little tired, a little drained. I am feeling a little anxious about some concerns I have. Some are related to my job, others are regarding people I care about.

All that being said, gratitude is still possible. Faith is still available. Gratitude is always possible. Faith is always in stock. It is just good to acknowledge that some days it is easier to find than others.

I appreciate that my daily gratitude practice allows me to build up a supply of gratitude and create an outlook on life that is generally positive. So on days like this, when I feel tapped out, I can draw on those reserves.

Gratitude and faith take work. But it is the best work that I do. What is your best work?

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Sorry to hear you're feeling a little tapped out. What woman doesn't feel this way from time to time? None I know... What is my best work? I guess just trying each day to make a difference somehow for someone somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy. At least when I feel tapped out these days it doesn't last long. Never doubt that you make a difference. You touch many lives in many ways.
    Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment