Energy

Today I am grateful for pizza. I am also grateful for the communication my husband Darcy and I have with one another.

My energy level has been on my mind lately, in a good way. I have been pleased with the amount of sustainable energy I have had in recent weeks. I attribute it first to the 12 or so pounds that I have lost and to the way I am choosing to nourish myself--less sugar and other refined foods, more whole foods, less calorie intake, more mindful eating.

I am a morning person, so I usually wake up ready to roll. I don't need to wait for my energy to wake up, it wakes up with me. I tend to be on the go much of the day too; physically moving, mentally working. I haven't hit that early afternoon wall as much lately, and I have noticed a faster pace when I run and more motivation to keep exercising. For all of these things, I am grateful.

I also try to be aware of the energy of those around me. Some people give me energy, others zap it. I try to make more connections with the former and keep my interactions with the latter brief.  

It also occurs to me that I can't really store up energy from today to use tomorrow. I might as well use up today's supply, rest up and give the supply time to recover, then welcome another day.

Gratitude and faith are energizers for me. Daily practice of gratitude brings me far more energy than it takes for me to journal, blog, and such.

It all starts with my health--physical and all aspects. Today I appreciate my health and the energy I have to begin my day. Have a good day!

Comments