Short List, Long Run

Today I am grateful for the comforts of our home, including the working heat as the weather turns colder.

What else am I grateful for this morning?
*fresh coffee
*good running shoes
*my marriage
*comfortable running attire
*a working sense of taste and smell
*ongoing motivation and ideas to keep me blogging
*peanut butter
*air to breathe
*working lungs

If you have never tried a gratitude journal or a gratitude list, I would encourage you to try one.I write down two things I am grateful for each day in my journal. (Some days those may match what I write here on the blog, but many days they are different.) Or start a list on your phone and add to it daily or weekly. Or do an A-Z gratitude list as you commute, walk, or fold laundry.

My husband Darcy and I are off on a long training run this morning. Twenty miles. One step at a time. Gratitude practice. One day at a time.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the encouragement to keep a gratitude list -- with your reminder, I started one on my phone today. You wrote just what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! I have been doing pen and paper gratitude journaling the longest, but any method of focusing on gratitude works as long as I use it. Action required.
    Keep that list on your phone growing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment