Forward in Life

Today I am grateful for safe travels and for my classmates who were able to make it to our 30-year reunion this weekend.

There was a good turnout. Good conversation. Good company. Good food. Thanks again Tracy and the others who helped plan this. I especially appreciated the name tags. They were actually stickers of us from our senior pictures in the yearbook. They were good for some laughs, especially at the big hair of the '80's, and they were helpful for identification purposes at times as well.

I greeted many people I hadn't seen since our last reunion or longer. I had lengthier conversations with several classmates and/or their spouses. My husband Darcy would even tell you he had a good time too. I especially enjoyed seeing my friend Brenda, who I hadn't seen for 15 years. We had been close in high school and had lost touch over the years. It was nice to reconnect.

I went in to the evening with very few expectations. For such events, and life in general, it works better this way: accept more, expect less. I also don't compare my insides to other people's outsides. That is unfair to all parties. I can appreciate that all of us who were in attendance on Saturday evening have our own unique set of circumstances and experiences that have impacted our perceptions of self and surrounding world.

It was nice to go back in time some and reminisce. But I prefer to keep moving forward in life. My classmates and I are all doing that in a variety of ways--dealing with health issues, geographic relocations, changes to families, and so much more. I am reminded of that most basic of gratitude thoughts . . . I am here, partaking of life in this day. Onward!

Comments