Above + Beyond Cancer

Today I am grateful for my job and the variety that comes with it. I am also grateful for good energy in the world . . . I will try to create some today and share it with others.

Please take a minute to look at my updated profile picture as I continue to share my sister Danita's purple creations for Lewy Body Dementia Awareness Month. To read more about that, check out Tuesday's post here

The picture below is a self-portrait I took after the half-marathon on Sunday. What an angle! I wanted to share this picture because of the shirt I am wearing. I got the shirt at a tent before the run started. I didn't wear it on the run, but I got chilled after I was done, so I added this new layer. Above + Beyond Cancer is an organization that began and is based in Des Moines. You can read more about them on their website here.



Here is their mission:

Their website also talks about transformative experiences like a team of cancer survivors running 4,000 miles across the U.S. and another group climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. It looks like a worthy organization and I will be keeping track of them.

But I especially liked the name of their organization and the sentiment behind it. I feel like I am living above and beyond cancer. I am forever grateful to have this ongoing opportunity. Cancer changed me in many ways and is now a part of my life experience. I consider every day to be a transformative experience. I just need to pay attention and stay grateful.
 

Comments