Siblings and Cousins

Today I am grateful for the many miles of safe travels my family had this weekend. So grateful for the time together that those travels made possible. 

We were gathered in Sioux Falls for the graduation party of our niece Jordyn. Congrats Jordyn and all the best in your future endeavors!  

With the pandemic limitations for over a year, it has been a long time since we were able to be together, all of us. That includes my mother-in-law Marlene, Dana and Mitch (Jordyn's parents) and her sister Maycee. 

And it was also an opportunity for our own family to be together. That means so much to Darcy and I. Arthur, Alyssa, Aaron, Emily, Leo, and Sam. Here are the siblings: Emily, Sam, and Arthur. 

Proud of our children and their families. Proud of the parents that Emily and Arthur and Alyssa are. They are moving further into adulthood with their visions and dreams right along with the busy day-to-day lives they have. 

And here are the cousins, Leo and Aaron: 

 
This was treasured time together. I look forward to the same later this week with my own family. I think back on the many memories of good times together with my own siblings and cousins.  

And I pause for a moment to consider what my mother-in-law Marlene said. We don't know how many of these opportunities we get.  She was saying that from a place of aging. I am saying it from a place of deep gratitude. Life is precious. Live it fully. Love wins. 

Comments