Heart Coherence

 Living gratefully today, I appreciate morning quiet and some valuable meditation time.

All meditation time is valuable in my opinion. So you would think I would find time for it more regularly. I'm a work in progress here. This morning I realized just how sporadic I have been with meditation. I gave myself permission to put extra time into it this morning.

I use the Insight Timer meditation app and highly recommend it for anyone who wants to get started with meditation practice or deepen the practice they already have. It's free and has over 40,000 selections you can search.  I have come to appreciate the style used by teacher Sarah Blondin and tend to return to her offerings on the app.

In what I listened to today, she used the term "heart coherence."  It's not a phrase I have used or heard. I will be holding it closer now.  One quickly learns in any meditation practice the importance of our breathing. Quieting ourselves and tuning into our breathing is where the work starts and the peace is found.  

To me, heart coherence is being able to slow my breathing and feel it literally bring life into my body. And peace, calm, clarity. Even a few moments of seeking heart coherence can help me bring my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual states in line with this precious heartbeat.

Whoa. That all sounds pretty heady. I hope so. To put it simply though, I just give myself the reminder to slow down, show some self-compassion, and from there build the energy and wider compassion to be a positive contributor in my own life and the lives of others I come in contact with today.

Just breathe. Breathe. Surrender. Now. 

Comments