All I Want for Christmas Is . . . A Poem from My Sister

Living gratefully today, I am appreciating the amazing scientists and science behind the development of effective COVID-19 vaccines.

Messenger-RNA and advanced technology made possible the condensed timeline for these vaccines. Shots in the arm that could save many lives and get us back to some sense of normal sooner. There are dark days, weeks, and months ahead, but there is also hope.

And plenty of discussion and speculation from people about their comfort level with getting the two doses needed to help build immunity against COVID-19. When infectious disease experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Michael Osterholm say they will be in line when their turn comes for the vaccine, it gives me more confidence and courage when my turn comes.

The divisiveness that has splintered efforts to have a united front in this pandemic will likely persist as the vaccine continues to be rolled out, but please think long and hard about what you are willing to do individually that will help us all collectively.

In the meantime, enjoy this catchy and fitting poem from my sister Zita:

All I Want For Christmas

All I want for Christmas
is a COVID vaccine, 
a COVID vaccine, 
a COVID vaccine!

Please Santa, can you 
put a rush on that?
An early delivery 
would be appreciated!

Yeah, two front teeth 
would be nice,
But I can wait for those.

Maybe I'll talk to the 
Easter Bunny…

Zita Bruess 11/20

Thanks Zita! It will be Easter or later before many of us get the opportunity to be vaccinated. Stay the course: masks on, physical distance, wise choices, and always drink lots of water!

Comments