Leftovers

Today I am grateful for feeling my seat in the chair I am sitting in and my feet on the ground beneath me. Both help to bring me to the present moment.

The present doesn't require as much energy as worrying about the future and regretting the past. The present doesn't ask as much or take as much... it says just pay attention and do the next right/obvious/necessary thing. That's all. 

Leftovers have been on my mind. When it comes to meals, leftovers are a wonderful thing in my book. The next meal taken care of, or someone's quick lunch ready to go. Our son Sam was often the one who took care of leftovers in the fridge. Eating them as his bedtime snack or after his workouts. 

We miss Sam in many ways, but he is off to a good start. We are staying connected and that means the world to me. The leftovers sitting in the fridge are a reminder that he is gone, that he won't be finishing those.  

There are many reminders that he is gone. And just as many hopeful signs that his college life is starting off as a meaningful experience. It's the best we can hope for. 

Speaking of leftovers, I have little energy left after a very interesting week, and many emotions left over to process through, so this post is wrapping up early.   


Comments