A Breeze Coming Off The River

Today I am grateful for gentle breezes and the peace in presence, when I take a moment to notice it. 

My Saturday morning runs have been going well and I am pushing my mileage up slowly. My left hip is feeling better, my running form more efficient. I am comfortable with my goal of running my own half-marathon before winter sets in, proud of my diligence with targeted exercises. 

I was already enjoying the run this Saturday when I made it to a stretch just past our local lock and dam. On one side of the trail is the rocky slope down to the Mississippi. On the other side is the greener and softer slope down to a marsh and lake area. It is a great place to take in whatever the weather is at the time. And usually a great place to catch a breeze.

It was a cool breeze the other day, and a fairly brisk one. The waters of the Mighty Mississippi were sloshing at the rocks and rolling in small waves. There was a hint of fall in the air. I love that.

I didn't necessarily like where my thoughts went though . . . What will this fall be like?  What is coming on this breeze? Will it gain force and become a gale? What is yet to blow into our lives this fall and winter, as 2020 rolls on? 

I join my colleagues today for workshops at school, and later this week the students return. I need to call to mind the calming, gentle breeze that can remind me I am not alone, that there is faith and hope. 

A breeze coming off the river, into my head and heart. 


Comments