Empty-Handed

Today I am grateful for a comfortable bed and pillows, and for a light rain to cool me and the air this morning.

Consider these words from Nimo:

We arrive empty handed, and leave empty handed. 

So then, how do we want to spend the time in between?

The time in between. A day at a time, a moment at a time. It is always a good idea to approach life this way, but tougher in the actual practice. Lately, life has allowed me a chance to practice this out of necessity. 

Family and work circumstances and the usual chores and goals of daily life have required extra energy in this time of Covid and overall unrest and uncertainty. There is little time or energy left to squander in yesterday’s regrets and tomorrow’s worries. 

I begin today empty-handed. A clean slate. Not fully rested, but at least partially. I turn those empty hands palm up and open them to the possibilities ahead. 



Comments