Tea Time

Today I am grateful for my hands and feet and all that they do for me in a day.  

It’s summer tea season —we do the cold brew in the fridge, unsweetened. I was making a new batch the other day and took the time to read the little messages that come on each bag’s tag. I ignore these messages as often as I look at them, deep in thought or in a hurry. I paused and took notice of this collection:

*Take time to bask in the brew.

*Inspiration is just a sip away.

*Take a moment to make a moment.

Sometimes the word “brew” takes me back to my drinking days. We often called beer “brew.”  Beer was my drink of choice. Cheap and available being key factors. I wasn’t picky about my beverages, just particular in making sure there would be enough to get the job done. The job of escape for a few hours. 

I sometimes looked for inspiration in the alcohol too. Inspiration to make life better, to feel better about myself. On many drunken nights I found that inspiration for a brief time. . . And then would lose it again in the oblivion and black outs. Waking up feeling less than inspired.

So today, I take a moment to make a moment. A moment to give thanks and direct deep gratitude at the recovery from alcoholism that I can have today, just for today.  A willing and open heart and help from others and Great Spirit inspires me in sobriety and in ongoing recovery and transformation. 

Have a good day! Take a moment to make a moment of gratefulness. 

Comments