Patience on that Refill

Today I am grateful for a good movie and good rest. I am also grateful for my gratitude journal practice and how it has helped transform my perceptions.

The other day I was filling my water bottle at the drinking fountain I usually use at school. The one I have used hundreds of times over the years.

That day it really struck me though. Struck me that these few seconds of pausing are vital throughout my day. Not only is that water good for me physically, it's good for me mentally.

It also brought to mind that endless debate about the glass being half empty or half full. Either way, I remain grateful to have clean water, easy to get, and a convenient container to keep it in.

Come to think of it, I am also grateful for clean and convenient indoor bathrooms. All that drinking of water leads to the need for such facilities. But indoor plumbing is right up there with electricity and air to breathe among things I take for granted.

And as Steve Foran recently reminded us, the times it is most important to slow down and pause are those times we feel the busiest. I am still working on learning to pause, but I am happy to report that I am making progress. 

Comments