Commencing

Today I am grateful for co-workers who make work more than bearable, even fun at times.  I am also grateful that each day I wake up with a fresh start.

Tis the season of commencements. Graduations. Last night it was 8th grade graduation at my school, next week it will be our son Sam's turn. We hear versions of the word commence this time of the year, but it doesn't seem to get used a lot otherwise.

I wrote a post titled "Commence" back in May of 2013. Read it here. From an action verb in commence to a gerund with commencing.

Go forth sounds pretty formal. Head out sounds casual. Whatever you call it, simply begin. Start.

Start that run with a single step. Begin that paper or report with one word. Go forth with a grateful mindset. Head out into the day. Take actions, however small, that make a difference to you and those around you.

Comments