Sharing the Simple and the Profound

Today I am grateful for the many steps I am able to take each day-walking, running, stairs. I am also grateful for the time I spent with my sisters earlier this week, and the conversations shared.

My sister Danita shared some of the moments from Roger's last days and his final breaths. Profound sharing. And we walked in the park below, which is near their home. She later told us that this was the last place Roger ever biked. He fell, was helped by others and able to get home, but he never got on his bike again. Damn dementia!


In the sharing, Danita is doing the grieving that is so very important. In the sharing, we get to literally and figuratively walk with her through some of it. Some of it is hers and hers alone. It has to be.

From profound sharing to simple sharing. More of those connections with fellow humans. I had to make a stop at the post office after work yesterday to mail a package. I was well-prepared with what I needed, including bringing along a "Sharpie" pen to put the address on the box. While I was finishing up, a couple came in to send some packages and they were getting them ready. I was paying when the woman came up and asked the clerk if he had a marker she could borrow. I said I happened to have one and I gave it to her to use. She gratefully borrowed it and returned it saying "I don't know what I would have done."  Sharing a Sharpie. Simple. Helpful.

What kind of sharing will I do today? What kind of sharing will I receive today?  It all starts with an open mind and heart. 

Comments