Yet

Today I am grateful for a ripe pear and comfortable jeans. I am also grateful for my family and friends in so many different ways.

The A-Z trip through the alphabet that I have been taking is drawing to a close, but it's not done YET. I am approaching a thousand posts, but I'm not there yet. One post at a time, one day at a time.There are plenty of places I hope to travel to but haven't yet. One dream at a time. One trip at a time.

I have people I am worried about and praying for. I have job stress like many of us do. I have frustrations with finding time to do all the things I would like to do along with all of the things I must do. Yet, I am calm and content in this moment. Faith, gratitude, and mindfulness, all practiced with deliberate actions, make that peace possible.

I have been writing about gratitude for twenty years, yet I never run out of reasons to be grateful. I never cease to be amazed at the little things that truly make a day a good day. That cup of coffee. That good morning kiss with my husband. That first step out into the fresh January air.

There's plenty I haven't done yet. Yet, I live a rich and full life. How about you?

Comments