Daily Life Illuminated

Today I am grateful for time together with family and for clarifying conversations. I am also grateful for the soothing sound of water.

The word illumination deserves another mention after yesterday's post about the lighting ceremony held at Mount Rushmore in the summer months.

Illuminate: to supply or brighten with light, to make clear, to enlighten spiritually or intellectually.

Light and the sources of light are vital to our very life on this planet. Each day gets a new start when the sun comes up, illuminating the world around us. Some days are brighter and clearer than others, but even cloudy days provide enough light for us to proceed, to move forward.

Living where I do, I take artificial sources of light for granted too. We live in great convenience and simply need to switch lights on and off when we need them. How easy and how taken for granted.

As I live each day, as I try to learn and grow as a human being "work in progress," as I continue in my recovery from alcoholism and as a breast cancer survivor, what really matters most in life has become clearer to me. Writing this blog and practicing gratitude in the other ways that I do illuminates the moments and hours of my day with more hope, more positive energy.

Regarding the spiritual and intellectual enlightenment, that is also an ongoing process. For me, the spiritual growth is more telling and beneficial than anything else I could learn or acquire. It is the starting point of breathing in opportunity and breathing out the right actions.

What will illuminate my life today? What will illuminate yours?

Comments