Go Yankees!

Today I am grateful for an enjoyable baseball season for my son this year and for cool morning air.

Congrats to the Yankees! Not those Yankees, these Yankees:



This is my son Sam's baseball team last evening after they finished their regular season 15-0. Good job boys and thanks to the coaches for a great season! They lost a game in a weekend tournament, and I think it's good for a team to have a loss to handle and learn from. They have the league's post-season tournament this week, and hopefully will continue to play well.

Sure, it's nice to win, and fun. But what I appreciate about this team and this season is that the coaches seem to have priorities straight; do your best, work hard, improve, support your teammates, show good sportsmanship, believe in yourself.  I also appreciate that the parents are supportive, but from what I witnessed, not too intense. The boys get along well and have fun. I think that has contributed to their success too.

Good job! I am grateful for Sam's positive experience this baseball season.

Comments