Convergence

Living gratefully today, I am noticing the outline of trees against the backdrop of early morning clear skies. My feet on the rug beneath me help me feel grounded and stable. 

This is a wonderful quote recently on www.gratefulness.org

WORD FOR THE DAY
It’s in that convergence of spiritual people becoming active and active people 
becoming spiritual that the hope of humanity now rests.
VAN JONES

As we wake up to a world fraught with pandemic concerns, the sorrows of ongoing injustice and racism, and the tension of political divisions, we also wake up to a world brimming with hope. 

Many emotions are converging in my heart on both a personal level and a professional level. We prepare to take our son Sam to college, leave him there to begin life's next chapter, and come home to our empty nest to begin our next chapter. 

My colleagues and I do what we can to prepare for an upcoming school year that will be like none other before it. 

I find calm in the words of Van Jones. I know today, if I pause and ground myself, I will encounter the spiritually active and and the actively spiritual.  And I can contribute to both of those streams with my own offerings of kindness, compassion, listening, and love. 

Comments