Circles

Today I am grateful for trees trimmed by others that help afford me a refreshed view. I am also grateful for phone conversations with my dear friend Jenny and two of my sisters. 

Circles. They are evident in many ways and symbolic of much. I am looking at the round shape of the planters on our patio and the plant life springing from them, and noticing the circular top of my coffee mug as I appreciate another sip. 

I ponder the meaning of circles without end, the strength of circles, the circle of life. 

The other day, our grandson Leo and I were running in circles playing football and trying to toss a bag through a round hole on a cornhole board. I took special notice of my wedding ring as Darcy and I recently celebrated our wedding anniversary. 

The first circle or chapter of our son Sam's life is closing as another is beginning. His childhood and time at home is nearly over. We have been key in this first circle and will take a lesser role in the next ones. But each will intertwine with the other and I will take comfort in knowing that his life started with this first, strong, timeless circle. 

Circles. Notice some around you today, including the ones that exist on spiritual and other planes. Let their meaning and significance sink in. 

Comments