Meditation Path

Today I am grateful for some spring rain and the clarity of the priorities in my life.

Pray Avenue yesterday. Meditation Path today. The two go hand in hand, this prayer and meditation.
The best description of these two I have heard is this:  "Prayer is talking to God.  Meditation is listening."

I called myself a moving meditator in a recent post. Running. Walking. Stairs. They all take me to places both physical and spiritual. I tend to sort emotions out and find clarity sooner when I move, especially outdoors. I guess it is easier for me to listen to a Higher Power if I am feeling grounded to the solid earth, and out in nature.

Meditation is also about seeking, slowing down, and the listening aspect. Always the listening. If I am not listening, there is much that is missed. And I won't even know I missed it. Listening is hard for me at times. Not when I am listening to others, more when I am listening to myself, for guidance.

Living gratefully allows me to better listen, to tune in, pay attention. I hear more and see more. And that is meditation as it was meant to be.

Comments