Nothing At All

Today I am grateful for post-marathon energy. I am also grateful for the moments I can sit and do nothing.

I took this picture after a few minutes of sitting and doing nothing on the porch of the inn we stayed at in Castine, Maine while traveling last week.  It soothes me just to look at it.


I do better at sitting and doing nothing when I am away from home and from my job. At both of these places, I keep finding things to do and the list never gets completed. I have to practice hard at pausing and sitting and doing nothing for a few moments both at home and at work. I have made some improvement, but there's still plenty of room for more.

Being away from both home and work for a few days gave me helpful reminders of how good it feels to do nothing at all. For those moments in the airports we were in, in the airplanes we were on, in the car, on a boat excursion, enjoying a bus tour, and many majestic Maine scenes, I am truly grateful.

Comments