A Poem Worth a Second Look

Today I am grateful for the enthusiasm and energy of young people. I am also grateful for my favorite sweatshirts.

Some of you may have seen this poem already. It went viral on social media over the summer. Read more about that here.  I am slow on the viral things though, and say thanks to a fellow writer in the local writing group who emailed it to the group.

It was written by New York high school student Chanie Gorkin for a class assignment to write about "the worst day ever."  It's quite a writing marvel, and her mom said it took her about an hour to create.

Read it all the way through. It speaks for itself.


Thank you Chanie Gorkin for this poem!

Thank you Great Spirit, God, Higher Power for the many gifts to appreciate in my life today. The change in perspective that being grateful can bring to my life has proven itself over and over. It works, it really does.

Comments