Under Construction: One Website, Billions of Cells

Living gratefully today, I am in awe of cells and the jobs they do. I am appreciating the courage and faith that continue to be developing in my life here in my late fifties.

First, about those cells, another random indication like those I mentioned in yesterday's post

There are a couple of housing developments going up in our part of town. I like to see the progress. As I ran on Saturday, it got me thinking about new construction on the cellular level. Did you know that our bodies replace somewhere around 330 billion cells each day, mostly blood cells and those in our intestines? Amazing! And it is done with no direction or guidance from our conscious self. 

In contrast to those billions of cells, I have been working on a single website over recent months. Just one. My own. It is titled "A Late Bloomer Living Gratefully" and can be found here. (https://gratefulbloomer.com/)

Ten years ago this month I started this blog, my first adventure into publishing content online on a regular basis. Ten years and over 2800 posts later, I am ready to take this new adventure over to my website. It will include blog posts, but has additional features. 

I call it my "body of work" all in one place. You will find links to other writing I have done, on topics like breast cancer and living gratefully. Some of my poetry, including a handful of videos. Our two sister books, with room to add more. Information on the Rivertown Gratefulness Gatherings that are held monthly via Zoom. And more. It will be under ongoing construction as I build from this base I have started. 

I am proud of my efforts, and also a little afraid of taking this plunge. Then, I recall how it felt to leap into the blogosphere ten years ago. I can't begin to describe the importance of that leap, for the writer within and for my right-sized/wrong-sized ego that was still at war with itself. 

So this is my work of body, mind, heart and soul. I honor it with this new construction. I would be honored if you check it out. Start with this welcome blog post if you wish. Have a good day! 

Comments