Prayer-maker and Friend

Living gratefully today, I appreciate quiet, colors, sounds, tastes, textures. In other words, I appreciate my amazing senses. 

This recent “Word for the Day” at www.gratefulness.org has intrigued me ever since I read it: 

“Become a prayer-maker. Why? Because what you face in your life is bigger than you can handle. 
It is. Go to a place with shadows and privacy and just start talking. There is some 
ancient Friend that wants to hear from you.”  Martin Shaw

There is such a richness in the words. The idea of making my own prayers is inspiring. I used to see prayers as something written by educated theologian types that the rest of us could then use. Those serve their purpose. But prayers are also meant to be personalized. What I need help with, what I need to let go or accept today is uniquely mine. My request for help should be too. 

Just start talking. Nothing fancy. No special vocabulary. Just start talking. What a simple invitation to be vulnerable and open.

Friend. Ancient and also ever-present. Whatever your religious and spiritual practices may or may not be, it seems we could all use a Friend. Pull up a chair, hit your knees, go for a walk. Talk to your Friend.

Have a good day. Contribute to the positive stream of prayer and kindness. Friend and friends help. 



Comments