Notice Me!

In gratitude today, I pause and notice the gifts of early morning quiet and the connection I have with our dog Oliver. 

Notice me! This is not me looking for attention. This is my life seeking my full attention. It's a lofty goal.  I don't expect myself to keep it up all day, but if I can tune in more fully more often, I think I will be surprised at what I learn and what I am shown.

This door handle implored me to notice it the other day when I was exercising in our family room. It is the handle on a door in the dry sink we have and that I use for my journals and a few books. I am literally using this handle daily, sometimes several times a day. For over fifteen years. 

And last week you could have shown me this picture and I wouldn't have known what it was. I had not ever noticed the intricate and beautiful design on this door pull. It woke me up in a new way that day. 

In my defense, we had moved furniture around a couple months ago, and this piece gained a more prominent location and better lighting. It is more in my line of vision now. Sooner or later, I was likely to notice.  

Isn't that our lives too?  With changes in perspective and new light being shed on a space, we see more. 
The same can happen within us. It will happen within us if we shift a stale perspective, if we seek the light sources that are available to us. 

Today is saying "Notice me!"  Will you?   

Comments