Kindhearted

Today I am grateful for modern medicine and good health care. I am also grateful for the stars I could  view in the pre-dawn sky this morning.

After itchy and jaded, I need a word like kindhearted: caring, empathetic, patient, helpful, sympathetic. Aspiring to be kindhearted to myself and others each day is a good goal. Even thinking about the word kindhearted has a calming and quieting effect.

I was kindhearted to myself yesterday morning when I was short on time. It was either go for a short run or write a blog post. I chose the run because I knew my body and mind would probably benefit more from that, considering the day I had ahead of me.

Kindness comes from our soul, and I choose to look at it this way: I have an individual soul but I am also part of the collective soul of humanity and all living things. Kindhearted actions add good to that collective soul.

And this quote from Rumi wraps it up nicely:

"When you do things from your soul, the river itself moves through you. 
Freshness and a deep joy are signs of the current."  

Spread freshness and joy today with kindhearted intentions and actions. 

Comments

  1. Today of all days, I need to be reminded to be kind. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lana! It's a good word to carry daily😊

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    This is just lovely. "Even thinking about the word kindhearted has a calming and quieting effect." So true. Love the Rumi quote too. Thank you for spreading a bit of freshness and joy today via your kindhearted intentions, actions and words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! The power of words, spoken and unspoken, is truly what makes writing enjoyable. Write on!

      Delete

Post a Comment