Flummoxed

Today I am grateful for early morning quiet and the calm it brings. I am also grateful for the daily tools to do daily recovery work.

Flummoxed. Now there's a word for you. It is beyond frustrated or confused. It is bewildered. Perplexed. It's a baffling state of being that requires a word like flummoxed.

Okay, I admit that I picked this word partly because it is unusual and a little fun to say. But it also is a feeling I do know and understand at times.

Those times are usually when I am confronted with the concerning state of the world, or the ever-changing state of today's teens, or the influence of technology on our lives, or some other such large, hard to fully handle, topic.

Fortunately, it doesn't tend to last too long. Go to bed flummoxed and chances are it will be gone in the morning, replaced by a fresh outlook on a new day. That is if you aren't too flummoxed to sleep.
Lack of sleep confounds feeling flummoxed. So does thinking I can "figure it out" with sheer brain power.

On the other hand, gratitude and quiet together with patience and acceptance tend to send the flummoxed feeling away.

Feeling flummoxed? Try some mindfulness and gratefulness and then get some rest.


Comments