Gratitude Revealed

Today I am grateful for unique experiences in a day's time. I am also grateful for the family and friends who enrich my life in so many ways.

Happy New Year to everyone. Wishing you each a healthy and grateful 2017. More importantly and appropriately, happy new day! Happy new moment! That is what I strive for--to pause and capture the precious nature of a day as I move through it.

I wrote about this in a post from the first year of this blog. Just for Today (Point #17) was posted on February 1, 2013. In it I talk about "all we have is today."  I also reference the amazing work of photographer Louie Schwartzberg and the compelling words of Brother David Steindl-Rast.

Watch Gratitude | Louie Schwartzberg | TEDxSF for some incredible reasons to pause, watch, listen, absorb. Check out http://gratituderevealed.com for more on the ever-expanding science and practice of gratitude.

Gratitude has revealed itself to me in many ways I could not have imagined at the outset and continues to do so as I maintain my habitual practice. It is one of my healthiest habits and I have no intention of stopping. It works. It helps my overall wellness in ways no other single effort or practice can. I look forward to what will be revealed as I strive to keep an open mind, heart, and soul.

My wish for each of us is that gratitude reveals itself in new and special ways in the coming days, weeks, and months of 2017. Pay attention. Prepare to be amazed.

Comments