Getting Underway with Year #29

Today I am grateful for the sunrise I am witnessing as I write this. I am also grateful for my profession.

Although I have put in numerous hours over the summer, the next school year gets underway officially today with staff workshops. There are orientations for students and families too, and by the end of the week all students are back.

And there is always part of me that is ready to go back, ready for the routine, ready for fall.

It is my 29th year in the education field. The speed with which those years transpired is hard to comprehend. I started as a high school Social Studies teacher for 10 years. Then, I was an elementary counselor for two years and am just beginning my 17th year in my current position: Middle School Counselor and Student Assistance Coordinator.

Over these years I have met wonderful people, worked side by side with amazing educators, gotten to know a wide array of students and parents.  Experience has given me some wisdom, but more grace. I look forward to what this year will bring. 

Comments