Blessings Abound in Sobriety

Today I am grateful for little moments of true presence yesterday and the peace that came with them. I am also grateful for the pre-run combination of peanut butter and jelly on toast.

Yesterday, I especially pondered the deep blessings in my life that have come to me in recovery from alcoholism. August 12 marks the anniversary of my last drunk. Here are two earlier posts that tell more about that day and time in my life:

Last Drunk (posted on 8/12/12)

Don't Ever Forget (posted on 8/12/14)

I work hard at recovery and try to put forth effort each and every day. Practicing gratitude is part of that effort, and quite effective. It has literally helped change my thinking from destructive to constructive.

I have the support and encouragement of family and friends, and a wonderful network of others in recovery. We see each other in person, we email, we text, we pray for one another and others still out there using. We try not to forget what we were and where we are today.

And I give a bulk of credit to the Higher Power/Great Spirit also at work in my life. Humble grace. That is what I feel so very blessed with. It is only by grace that I survived my drinking days. It is only by grace that I can welcome a new day, one day at a time.

Comments